REYNAERS Middle East, a leading Bahrain-based aluminium systems provider, will be returning to the second edition of The Big 5 Kuwait, pleased with the encouraging response it received last year.
Managing director Ali Khalaf comments: “The show has helped our sales team gain useful insights about Kuwaiti customers. For example, we were pleasantly surprised to know how aware and technically sophisticated they are. Most visitors were end-users interested in the construction of their private villas or houses and know specifically what they are looking for as regards the requirements for their doors and windows. They are already aware of the variants available in terms of the performances and features of the system.”
The company also learned that the younger generation of customers, in particular, focused on quality products with high technical performances that were competitively priced.
Speaking on the factors that have encouraged Reynaers to exhibit at The Big 5 Kuwait, Khalaf says: “The Kuwait market is predominately a residential one for Reynaers, however, it has a healthy mix of both commercial and residential projects. Such a market is attractive for us as it strengthens our position not only as a leading contender in the project business but also a strong player in the business-to-consumer (B2C) sector.”
Reynaers currently commands approximately 75 per cent of the residential and 25 per cent of the project business in the Kuwait market, he says. It has executed several projects for the government and for Kuwait Petroleum National Company (KNPC) in the past.
“Some of our recently completed projects include the Awtad Residence, the 24-storey Abdul Aziz Madi Tower, the three Salmiya Towers and the Shaab Al Bahri Tower,” he adds.
At the show, Reynaers will also be introducing several innovative products which are already marketed throughout the region and the Kuwait market will also benefit from these product launches, says Khalaf.
These include Hi-Finity, CF 68 and Purity handles. Hi-Finity is Reynaers’ newest sliding door with an ‘infinite view’. Its ultra-slim design creates large transparent surfaces, with a light, sleek and elegant appearance. This fully transparent and accessible sliding door seamlessly extends the interior space of a house to the outdoors.
Purity, the latest range of luxury handles from Reynaers, combines next-generation material and mechanical properties with the superior Italian design capabilities of Leo De Carlo, who has previously worked in the studios of Philippe Starck.
And CF 68, the new bi-folding door is a highly competitive versatile doors and windows solution that allows up to seven leaves to fold either to the inside or to the outside in 38 possible configurations and across four different threshold solutions, says Khalaf.
Reynaers also intends to showcase and promote all of its well-known systems at the event especially the CW 50 and CW 50-SC, CS 59-Pa (the Renaissance and Hidden Vent variants), GP 51, ES 50, CF 77 and the ES 45 Pa, which has already proven to be popular among Kuwait customers.
• CW 50: This curtain-wall façade and roof system has proven itself in the region as a solution that offers architects unlimited creative freedom, while maximising on daylight, says Khalaf.
• CS 59 Pa: This is an extensive range of non-insulated profiles suitable for outdoor applications in warm climates but can also be used for the partitioning of indoor office spaces.
• GP 51: Glass Patio (GP) 51 is an innovative full glass sliding system consisting of individually sliding glass panels without vertical frames, which provide a convenient and modular solution for glazing balconies and terraces or partitioning internal office spaces.
• ES 50: The Eco System (ES) 50 includes a well-insulated flush door system that combines aesthetic design, energy efficiency with a moderate price.
• CF 77: This folding system, which has grown in popularity across the Gulf, is a standalone solution comprising new profiles, accessories and insulation technologies that have specifically been designed for folding systems.
• ES 45 Pa: Designed and developed in Europe and supported by a 10-year company guarantee, the ES 45 Pa can be utilised for both windows and window doors with an inward or outward opening based on the same frame and double casement profiles.
Reynaers Middle East is part of Reynaers Aluminium, a leading European specialist that develops and markets innovative and sustainable aluminium solutions for windows, doors, curtain-walling, sliding systems, sun screening and conservatories.
Khalaf says business for the company over the past year has been relatively consistent and he hopes to maintain similar growth levels this year. To maintain its competitive edge in the market, Reynaers Middle East is gearing for “a large scale expansion, which will significantly change the dynamics of the business model undertaken for the Middle East territory,” he says, without revealing details.
He points out that Reynaers’ key strength lies in its ability to customise profiles to the clients’ requirements – which it has already been implementing in the Kuwait market.
“For example, we have provided a special configuration of the CS 59 Pa Renaissance and Hidden Vent variants exclusively for the Kuwait market. Furthermore, a round glazing bead for ES 45 Pa systems was introduced for this market in order to cater to the aesthetical requirements of projects,” he elaborates.
Established in 1965 and headquartered in Duffel, Belgium, Reynaers has offices in more than 30 countries. Besides offering an extensive range of standard solutions, the company also develops solutions that are tailored to individual projects.
Reynaers Middle East will be exhibiting at Stand 6B02 at The Big 5 Kuwait.