Manufacturers & Procurement

GulfPlas ... a pioneering industrial venture in  Bahrain.

GulfPlas ... a pioneering industrial venture in Bahrain.

GulfPlas to announce key partnership at show

April 2019

Gulf Plastic Industries (GulfPlas), a well-established name in the production of thermoplastic pipes and fittings, will be announcing a new collaboration at the Gulf Construction Expo 2019 this month.

Bahrain-based GulfPlas’ new partner offers above-floor plumbing technology, which will be displayed alongside the company’s wide range of products during the expo, Pascal Dufrasne, general manager, tells Gulf Construction.

GulfPlas was founded in 1968 and claims to be the first industrial venture established in Bahrain in the private sector. Its products include thermoplastic pipes and fittings such as PVC (unplasticised polyvinyl chloride), cPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride), PPR (polypropylene random copolymer), LDPE (low-density polypropylene) and HDPE (high-density polypropylene) products.

About 70 per cent of these products are distributed to countries in and around the region, such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Jordan, Yemen, Iraq, Oman, Pakistan and India. The remaining 30 per cent of the products are supplied to the local market.

A regular exhibitor at the Gulf Construction Expo, GulfPlas has leveraged the event to reconnect with customers via the fantastic networking support offered by the show, Dufrasne remarks.

“We have had the opportunity to participate in Gulf Construction Expo over the few past years, allowing us to receive many visitors, giving us the chance to meet our clients from Bahrain and the other GCC countries and having good discussions with them,” he adds.

In addition to meeting new customers and reaching out to existing clients, GulfPlas has used Gulf Construction Expo as a channel to strengthen its brand and announce new products and business collaborations.

Ever since its inception, GulfPlas has steadily increased its production capacity, adding more lines to meet customer requirements.

“Currently and due to the increasing demand and requirements of customers, we are in the process of buying new moulds and production machines to satisfy the needs of new customers,” says Dufrasne.

Furthermore, he adds, GulfPlas has plans for diversification and is considering more upstream and downstream products to meet market demands.

Quality has always been a cornerstone of GulfPlas products – which it continues to focus on – and this commitment to quality can be seen from the fact that its products meet the highest internationally recognised standards. These include BS, ASTM, DIN, NEMA and AS specifications.

“GulfPlas products are proven, quality tested and recognised by numerous independent renowned laboratories and organisations in different part of the world, including the US, UK, Kuwait and Bahrain,” Dufrasne points out.

Its products have been specified for many projects in the Gulf via reputed contracting companies, and prestigious developments in Bahrain, such as the new passenger terminal at the Bahrain International Airport, Diyar Al Muharraq, East Hidd Housing Project, Sports City and Amphitheatre at the Bahrain International Circuit, Riffa Views and the latest Al Sahel Resort at Zallaq.

Other projects that it has been involved in the past year in Bahrain include Madinat Salman, Dragon City, Dilmunia, Alba’s Potline 6, and Oasis Mall Extension in Juffair.

Dufrasne anticipates better years ahead and hopes the construction sector will pick up as that will boost business.

To promote its products, GulfPlas actively takes part in regional trade fairs. Prior to attending Gulf Construction Expo, it will be participating at the Made in GCC Expo 2019 (Stand B1) being held in Baghdad, Iraq, from April 7 to 13 at the Baghdad International Fair Ground.

Gulf Plastic will be exhibiting at Stand GC B2a at Gulf Construction Expo 2019.  




More Stories



Tags